1. question: Will Wipe-Out, Patch-Out, or Tactical Advantage harm a chrome lined barrel ?
answer: There are no caustic chemicals in these cleaners that can harm chrome.
Also there are no chemicals that can harm nickel plated firearms.
(ANY QUESTIONS CALL US)
2. question: Can Wipe-Out, Patch-Out, or Tactical Advantage produce rust ?
answer: That is a physical impossibility, because these products contain 3 anti-corrosives.
TEST: Clean a sample of the metal you want to test with a wire brush or a belt sander , so that the metal is stripped clean.
Put some Wipe-Out, Patch-Out, or Tactical Advantage on a clean gun patch and wipe the sample with one of those.
Set the sample on your bench and check it every couple of months. You will see that it will go for years with no signs of corrosion.
(ANY QUESTIONS CALL US)
3. question: Should I put oil in the bore after cleaning with Wipe-Out, Patch-Out, or Tactical Advantage ?
answer:Please read the detailed instructions carefully for a full explanation they apply to WIPE-OUT, PATCH-OUT or TACTICAL ADVANTAGE:
The reason we don’t want you to put oil in the barrel is two-fold. When oil burns it produces carbon deposits which are harder to remove than copper fouling. The second reason is that with oil in the bore after cleaning, it is necessary to take 4 to 5 fouling shots. The fouling shots in reality just burn the oil residue out of the bore. Oil in the bore causes the bullet not to get adequate purchase on the rifling. The bullet sort of hydro-planes inaccurately until all the oil is gone. With Wipe-Out you don’t waste 4 or 5 rounds of ammo every time you clean. More importantly the “cold-bore shot” will be right in the middle of the group.
Lets address the anti corrosive factor. Take a 16 penny nail and remove the finish with a wire brush or a belt sander until the steel is bright. Now put some Wipe-Out, Patch-Out or Tactical Advantage , on a cotton gun patch. Wipe it over the nail. Put the nail on your reloading bench where you can check it. You will see that it will go month , then years, with no rust. Wipe-Out is meant to primatily protect the bore from moisture in the air, by using a couple of very powerful anti-corrosives. It is these same anti-corrosives that clean and protect the bore from corrosive powders and primers. If you feel you must put oil in the bore……….put Wipe-Out on a patch and remove the oil before you shoot. I live in a very high humidity climate (90 % to 100% in the summertime), and have never needed to put any oil in my barrels
4. Got a great question from Brian Markov.
It’s been a long time since I purchased any bore cleaning products and after seeing all the positive reviews of your products I thought I should give them a try.”
“I’ve read numerous reviews and have been through your web site a number of times making sure I understand the differences between Wipe-Out, Patch-Out and Tactical Advantage. My quandary right now is which one to purchase?”
“My understanding is that Wipe-Out is a foam that needs to rest in the bore for around 60 minutes or longer per application. Patch-Out is applied by patch or brush and needs to rest in the bore for 15 to 20 minutes, unless Accelerator is used. Tactical-Advantage is basically Patch-Out with increased carbon cleaning capabilities.”
“Right now I’m leaning towards Patch-Out or Tactical-Advantage since I have some barrels to break in and their shorter rest times are more appropriate for cleaning at the range.”
“Do all three products get the bore just as clean per application or is one more aggressive than the other?”
“Does Accelerator work with Tactical-Advantage?”
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ‘WIPE OUT’,‘PATCH OUT’,& ‘TACTICAL ADVANTAGE’?
- ‘WIPE OUT’ was the first foaming bore cleaner; sold since 97. The foam may be applied the the muzzle or the breach. WIPE OUT revolutionized bore cleaning since it is still the only 100% brushless cleaner, which dissolves all fouling. It contains no acid, and no ammonia. Contains anti-corrosives that protect the bore without the use of oil. Therefore making fouling shots unnecessary. Color indicators show what is being dissolved. COPPER is blue. CARBON is brown. POWDER FOULING is always grey or black. Working time from 10 minutes to 72 hours. Many times with a heavily fouled barrel, copper blue will show as the first foam at the muzzle.
(Read WIPE OUT technical bulletin https://sharpshootr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Instructions-WIPE-OUT-2013-.pdf)
- ’PATCH OUT’ was developed for those shooters who were more comfortable with conventional application methods. Still has all the features of Wipe Out ,but is applied with a nylon brush. This makes ‘PATCH OUT’ foam like Wipe Out. We want bubbles of air like Wipe Out because they excite the chemicals making them 3 times more efficient than other cleaners. Convenient application is the key.
(Read PATCH OUT technical bulletin https://sharpshootr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Instructions-PATCH-OUT-JAN-2014.pdf)
- ’TACTICAL ADVANTAGE’ developed solely for the Stoner designed family of M-16 ,M-4, and AR-15’s and all those clones of these firearms. These firearms by design are prone to huge amounts of fouling in the gas system, primarily the bolt carrier. The bolt carrier can become encrusted with fouling which prevents the intended function. ‘TACTICAL ADVANTAGE ‘ can clean the gas system and the bolt carrier, as well as functioning like Wipe Out, Patch Out.
(Read TACTICAL ADVANTAGE technical bulletin https://sharpshootr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Instructions-TACTICAL-ADVANTAGE-2013-1.pdf)
- ‘ACCELERATOR’ developed as an adjunct for those shooters with COPPER problems. ‘ACCELERATOR’ is not a cleaner. It will when used with Wipe Out, Patch Out, or Tactical Advantage. dissolve twice the amount of COPPER, within any period. Use it when you don’t have time with a firearm you know has a history of COPPER fouling. DON’T USE IT IF YOU DON’T NEED IT.
Read TECH BULLETIN
5. USING THE ‘PROOF TEST’
The “PROOF TEST” is used any time you need to know what condition the barrel is in. We use the “PROOF TEST” when we need to know if a firearm is clean or needs to be cleaned.
1. TO RUN A “PROOF TEST” you put an application of either WIPE-OUT ™ or PATCH-OUT ™ in the barrel of the gun you wish to test. Let this application set in the barrel around 10 minutes. Push a single patch thru tho bore. If there is any fouling present in this barrel it will show up immediately on the patch. 10 minutes is long enough for the chemicals in our formula to react to any sort of fouling.
No color or a clean white patch is evidence of a clean barrel.
We use this test any time we are not sure of the condition of the bore…….or to determine if we need to re-apply
either WIPE-OUT ™ or PATCH-OUT ™.
If you have questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6.question: CAN I MAKE MY OWN HOSE ADAPTER FOR “WIPE-OUT” CAN ??
MAKE YOUR OWN HOSE APPLICATOR FOR “WIPE-OUT”
THE DOCUMENT IS ON THE “WIPE-OUT” PAGE
Read HOW TO MAKE A HOSE ADAPTER
7. question: HOW CAN I MAKE THE WSA-007 ADAPTER WORK FOR SMALL CALIBERS i.e. .223 REM, .204 RUGER etc.